Roblox is the most popular multiplayer gaming platform in the world, especially for young players. Players can develop their own game on this platform from all over the world. This article represents all about Roblox Review 2021.
The difference of Roblox compared with other games is that all games run on community-hosted servers but Roblox runs on the servers that are hosted by community members, not created by the people who make it.
However, If you are a parent then you should know about the safe site of this game to protect your child. This article will guide you to tips to protect your child besides a brief discussion of the game.
All You Need To Know About Roblox Review 2021
This multiplayer game recently outstripped the total number of Minecraft’s users. Let’s talk about the game:
What is Roblox
It’s a gaming platform where users can create a new game by applying his/her creativity. Then users from all around the world can play these games. The kids can communicate with each other in this 3D world.
Roblox has about 50m collections of games created by its users. The Roblox studio tools are easy to use for creating new games. Kids can apply their own creativity to create games by using these tools.
The primary purpose is to enjoy with kids. The major benefit of this platform is acquiring basic coding and designing skills which kids can apply in the real world. It also teaches entrepreneurship.
According to the June 2018 report,
- Roblox has about 64 million monthly users, the majority of whom are kids.
- The company reported that users under the age of 13 visit the platform 25.5 times a month and play the game for 51.5 hours monthly.
- In the studio, games are coded with the programming language called Lua in an object-oriented programming system.
- Users can create one-time purchasable content which is known as “Game Passes” and microtransactions which more than one can be purchased known as “developer products”.
- The revenue earned from the products split between the Roblox corporation and developer 70-30 in favour of corp.
- Total 20 million games produced per year by its creator.
Item and Currency
- In Roblox for purchasing cloth, accessories and other items to decorate avatar players need currency called Robux.
- The purchasing facility cloth is available for all users but only the users with premium membership can sell them.
- Only the Roblox corporation can trade accessories, gear, body parts and packages.
- Users can earn Robux by the real currency, selling cloth, producing and selling products on Roblox.
- There are many scamming sites flooded on the web called giving free Robux. Actually, they are fake.
- Only the way mentioned above you can acquire Robux for free, there is no other way. You can read about Robux in this article.
Periodically Roblox arranges virtual and real-life events. As a convention of ordinary players of the platform, they hosted an event called BloxCon in the past. They also arrange an annual event called “Bloxy Award” and operate annual “Easter egg hunts”.
- The last Bloxy award held in 2020 virtually drew 600,000 viewers.
- Annually the corporation hosts a three day Roblox developer conference in San Francisco where they invite top content creators and inform them about upcoming changes to the platform.
They also hosted similar events in Amsterdam and London.
History of Roblox
The co-founder of this game are David Baszucki and Erik Cassel created in 2004. The previous name of Roblox was DynaBlocks. The name changed to Roblox in 2005.
- Roblox released On September 1, 2006.
- Became compliant with COPAA in March 2007 with the limitation of communication ability for the users under thirteen.
- “Builders Club” released in August 2007. The game rebranded as Roblox premium in the year 2019.
- In 2011, Roblox held its first annual event with the developers to get new ideas for the developments of the company.
- On December 11, 2012, the iOS version released.
- On July 16, 2014, the android version released.
- The features block-oriented style to smooth & realistic style called “Smooth Terrain” was added on May 31, 2015.
- On November 20, 2015, Roblox released Xbox one where Roblox staff can select 15 games initially.
- The Windows 10 version released in June 2016. Although it was compatible with Windows when it was created in 2004.
- Roblox updated its server technology in 2017.
- The restriction of guest players who can play without an account had removed in November 2018.
- The online hangout was announced in July 2020 which is called “Party Place”.
Roblox corporation permitted the game in China on December 3, 2020.
Popular Games in Roblox
Roblox corporation has 50m games in its store which developed by its users around the world. It has some popular games mostly played by its users. The list of the popular game given below:
- Adopt Me!
- Work at a Pizza Place
- Royale High
- Welcome to Bloxburg
- Natural Disaster Survival
- Murder Mystery 2
The Hidden Dangers of Roblox
There’s no suspect that Roblox is a popular game in the world. But the game has some issues which are dangerous for your child, especially under thirteen.
- A northern California mother described that one day she was sitting with her daughter who was playing a Roblox game on her iOS device. She shocked when glanced at the device screen. She saw that her daughter’s avatar sexually attacked by three other players.
- A British father told the UK mirror that he received a sexually suggestive message from the stranger after logging into his son’s account. He said, “They asked me if I was a boy or girl”. “I said I am an 8 years old boy” then they said you’re so cute and sexy. Then they invite me to the virtual bedroom to performing sex acts.
Roblox has strong security setting to block outside conversation and invitations. They also have 24 hours moderators to block inappropriate content. But that’s enough to protect the children.
Read about also Roblox vs Minecraft (2021): Which Game Is Suitable for Kids?
Roblox Review for Parents
As a parent, you need to know what type of game and with whom your children are playing on Roblox. We are describing the tips that can protect your child.
Tips for The Parents
- Read the parents guide from here, especially the particular points.
- At the time of the creation of an account don’t use the real name. Choose a random one, anything then real name.
- Use real birth dates because they identify your child’s age to protect from misuse of the game. You may change the date and month but the year.
- Enable parental control. See details below on how to enable it.
- ConnectSafety wrote a guide on it. You can download it from the link. Which is an online safety organisation based in the United States.
- Read the FAQ section from Roblox official website here.
- Create an account yourself then play with your child.
- When your child is playing the game sit with them to monitor and warn them about the danger.
How To Use Parental Control
You can enable parental control so that no one can send a message to your child in the account. How to enable parental control:
- Log in to your child’s Roblox account.
- Go to settings by clicking on the gear icon.
- Then go to privacy.
- From this option, you can select the contact and other settings.
What age is Roblox appropriate for?
Though Roblox did not specify the minimum age for its user, it is appropriate for 13 and 13+ children. Although Roblox has many features to restrict chat for under 13 but it’s not appropriate all time.
In this Roblox review, I have mentioned all of the pros and cons, especially the safety issue for the children. Follow all of the instructions to protect your child from dangerous issues by confirming all the security settings mentioned above.
Is Roblox safe for my child?
The game has an ESRB E10+ rating that means it’s suitable for the kids.
Is Roblox good or bad?
Though Roblox is slightly risky for children under 13, by taking some precaution security children can play the game safely.
Is Roblox banned in China?
Recently Roblox corporation permitted the game in China.
Is Roblox a virus?
No, it is not a virus.
Why is Roblox dangerous?
It’s risky for the children because of the weak moderation system. Sometimes children sexually harassed by other players. By configuring some privacy settings your child can play it safely.
Why is Roblox banned in Jordan?
In this pandemic situation, the number of users has increased. This number led to utilizing the exploits in the game. For this exploitation, the game has been banned in many countries like Jordan.
Is Roblox getting banned in the US?
No, it’s not banned in the United States.